The Home Health Aide Supervisor/Case Coordinator supervises HHAs delivering service to clients in the home care setting and to coordinate all related administrative responsibilities.
- Assigns HHAs to deliver requested service to VNS clients
- Ensures the delivery of high quality service by supervising activities of assigned HHA staff
- Maintains compliance of HHAs with corporate policies, state regulations, and contractual requirements
- Initiates appropriate corrective action and documentation by coaching, counseling, and terminating HHAs as required, in a timely effective manner
- Encourages and develops on-going communication with HHA staff, field supervision nurses, VNS Home Care staff and clients by identifying and resolving issues which affect service delivery in a customer service manner
- Evaluates the administrative performance of HHAs
- Responsible for maintaining or growing caseload depending on resource availability
- Development and implementation of procedures as necessary to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing work results as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalency required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years related work experience, which must include:
Customer Service, Organizational/administrative skills and
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.