Develops and implements VNSNY's cloud-based strategic technology plan and oversees the day to day operations of a team of IT Cloud Engineers who support VNSNY's Cloud based environment. Responsible for the functionality, quality, value and timely delivery of products and services within our AWS Infrastructure Portfolio that supports the desired Cloud capabilities for all lines of business. Works under general direction.
- In conjunction with Senior IT Leadership, establishes, develops and implements VNSNY’s cloud-based strategic technology plan that realigns VNSNY’s systems to better support short and long-term business objectives.
- Manages the day to day operations of a team of Cloud Engineers in the administration, operational support and problem resolution of building and maintaining Cloud Based solutions. Responsible for instructing and verifying work of staff, and for providing technical consultation and guidance to staff.
- Oversee the building and delivery of Cloud based services internally, while also leveraging third-party Cloud service providers (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Performs consultative services and functions as subject matter expert (SME) to senior IT leadership and staff to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to deliver cloud technology.
- Forecast system demands, recommends upgrades, expansions and reconfiguration of system. Oversees and manages all hardware and software installations and upgrades when necessary.
- Oversees hardware troubleshooting and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interacts with I/T staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- Acts as a technical resource and coordinates with other IT staff in site setup, user training, maintenance and support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
- Functions as Project Manager on major Cloud projects as assigned. Designs and manages project plans for staff, monitors workflow and assignments, and reviews work to ensure completeness and quality.
- Establishes and distributes development operations processes and procedures to transition new Cloud services into production quickly.
- Leverages CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery) automation knowledge, tools to support application development lifecycle and project management discipline to support application development and deployment.
- Leverages cloud technologies to provide an auto-scaling cloud environment with disaster recovery capabilities within AWS or Azure.
- Continuously looks to improve processes and environment by looking at different cloud solutions and architectures to fit our requirements. Migrates the datacenter and existing on-premise technology to cloud based solutions with limited or no supervision
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role including staff training, hiring, promotions and terminations and salary actions, prepares and ensures adherence to the department budget. Attracts, develops, and retains highly talented staff, conducts talent management and succession planning.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Any cloud-based certification (e.g. AWS sysops/DevOps/Solution Architect) is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of seven years' experience in systems operations and administration, telecommunications network installation, operation and maintenance required. At least three years of experience in enterprise level IT projects and Cloud based technologies required (PaaS, IaaS, and Cloud Infrastructure Services). Effective consultative, communication and analytical skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, other systems technical staff, consultants and vendors is required. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both written and verbally) with the customer's technical staff as well as management team is required. Extensive knowledge of the AWS technology (e.g. EC2/StorageGateway/Route53/S3/Cloudformation/ELB/ASG/VPC/DirectConnect/SES) required. Familiarity with Networking, Virtualization, Storage, and Cloud Automation required. Some experience in SharePoint & Office 365 required. Prior experience with building dynamic infrastructure within AWS or Azure is required. Prior experience in supporting one or more cloud infrastructure migration projects is essential. Solid understanding of DNS solutions, Active Directory, and other LDAPs solution and cloud migration required. Experience implementing cloud migration strategies and requirements identifying impediments and developing mitigation plans and migrating large scale virtualized environments to AWS/AZURE cloud also required. Prior experience leading team of systems administrators preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.