Identifies and develops strategies to improve organizational effectiveness, employee experience, and employee competencies to support changing organizational and industry demands, including change management and communication plans, learning and development efforts, and organizational effectiveness projects. Leads large, complex Organizational Development (OD) efforts across organization. Acts as OD subject matter expert to leadership, Human Resources, and employees. Works under general direction.
- Works with VNSNY and Human Resources (HR) leadership to assess organizational needs to support the employee experience, build the desired organizational culture, and deepen employee competencies with an eye towards growing internal talent.
- Assesses organizational issues through individual interviews, focus groups, employee surveys, program reviews and strategic initiatives. Analyzes information and identifies themes and trends. Develops, recommends and implements change and/or learning and developmental activities in response to findings and initiatives.
- Leads change management interventions for highly complex, multi-dimensional changes, including culture change, new organizational structures, and new system rollouts. Defines change management and communications strategies to best fit need, and develops change management tactics, including but not limited to, team interventions, training interventions, focus groups, surveys, communication channels. Acts as change management subject-matter expert to leadership.
- Reviews VNSNY learning and development efforts to support a learning organization and build employee competencies, ensuring offerings match needs, strategies, and gaps. Designs and builds learning and development programs, including management development programs, high-potential programs, and other learning paths to build an internal talent pool. May deliver programs directly, or partner with others in OD, HR or external resources. Analyzes effectiveness of developmental activities and interventions through formal and informal communications and activities with participants and management.
- Provides coaching to employees, including those in leadership roles; utilizes a variety of assessments to support coaching efforts. Determines coaching needs and builds coaching programs based on best support for employee.
- Designs and builds performance management program, aligned with organizational goal setting processes and tools. Builds managerial competencies around performance management, tied to learning and development strategy/offerings, and designs assessment tools to best drive performance through a culture of coaching and feedback.
- Leads VNSNY employee survey efforts, including design of surveys, and works with OD and HR team to disseminate results and support business line employee engagement efforts to foster a positive employee experience. Acts as employee engagement subject-matter expert to employee engagement workgroups embed in the business.
- Keeps informed of the latest issues and trends in OD and health care through networking, professional memberships in related organizations and select journal readership. Presents new opportunities for change and improvement to leadership based on new interventions that will best serve organization.
- Participates in other projects and duties as assigned.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development, Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Behavior or Business Administration required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum seven years of professional experience in Organizational Development or Learning and Development required. Experience in designing, assessing, customizing and delivering development programs and/or organizational change management interventions required. Proven success in coaching leaders required; familiarity with assessments (360 assessments, leadership assessment tools, etc.) preferred. Strong stand-up classroom training experience required. Strong project management skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.