Improves market awareness and supports community presence for VNSNY CHOICE SelectHealth within a particular territory, through the coordination and implementation of presentations, events and grassroots strategies to enhance product visibility. Ensures successful membership enrollment in Plan based on eligibility, with a specific focus on the transgender population. Works under general supervision.
- Assists with administering events and activities, such as tabling at street fairs, participating in community-established health fairs, presentations around health education, etc., designed to enhance the visibility of SelectHealth in the community. Provides feedback regarding the effectiveness of programs and events to Outreach and Partnership Development management including recommendations to improve events and strategies to increase product visibility.
- Assists with publicity and promotional efforts for community events to deliver adequate notice to potential participants and to drive event attendance and effectiveness in conjunction with marketing department.
- Evaluates and sets schedule and pace of events.
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with Community Based Organizations (CBO) and FQHCs in conjunction with partnership outreach advocates. Participates in CBO boards, committees and activities to promote community presence and VNSNY footprint.
- Attends weekday, and at times weekend community and SelectHealth events to answer existing and potential member questions; may provide in-person or virtual member orientations if needed.
- Collaborates with Partnership team and Community Based Organization staff to determine and/or partner with specific event(s) offered at site or those created by SelectHealth when necessary.
- Coordinates informational presentations and educates community groups and the public about SelectHealth.
- Helps identify potential community partners and opportunities that may support referrals to SelectHealth.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate campaigns and sponsorships by gathering and assessing pertinent data from the community and contacts, and collaborating with partnership outreach and management.
- Demonstrates familiarity with, and remains updated with respect to, laws, regulations, and policies around SelectHealth marketing and enrollment activities. Stays current on all new marketing policies as designated by NYS dept of Health and adheres to appropriate regulations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years of experience in marketing, sales, public relations, community relations, fund-raising, or other relevant experience required. Experience in health care or health insurance setting highly preferred. Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and organizational skills required. Must be self-directed, innovative, and proactive, and able to work independently. Bilingual skills preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.