Leads the evaluation and tracking of quality and performance improvement initiatives and activities for Community Care Management Partners (CCMP) Health Home. Works under general supervision.
- Conducts in depth chart reviews to determine if service provision is appropriate and meets Community Care Management Partners (CCMP) quality standards.
- Implements quality and performance improvement measurement activities, including but not limited to, reviews of aggregate data, RMA (electronic health record) and associated chart materials (remotely and/or on-site) and reports in the context of established CCMP quality and performance metrics.
- Prepares reports and communications regarding quality and performance matters for distribution to Care Management Agencies (CMA), committees and external stakeholders as required.
- Participates in the design of reports to capture performance improvement, methods and techniques that support CCMP quality initiatives. Evaluates reports and identifies areas for improvement.
- Conducts site visits to evaluate whether CMAS are providing care management services in accordance with CCMP quality standards for service provision.
- Ensures staff are properly trained to use IT systems and performs periodic audits to ensure compliance.
- Provides training and technical assistance regarding CCMP policies, procedures and practice standards for both mainstream Health Home members and special populations, including but not limited to, Adult Home Plus, Health Home Plus, AOT, HARP and Health Home Serving Children.
- Participates in the creation and delivery of presentations on project status and/or outcomes to management.
- Participates in the creation and delivery of trainings for CMAs and other constituent agencies on subjects including, but not limited to, CCMP Care Management workflows, special populations, and condition related content.
- Keeps up to date on the latest issues and trends in care management and healthcare through networking, professional memberships, and select journal reading. Synthesizes trends for application and integration into department.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelors Degree required. Master’s degree in a health care related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years of care management or comparable service OR QA/QI/PI activities, preferably in a health care organization, required. Experience providing effective training and feedback to constituents required. Experience providing services to children preferred. Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, required. Prior experience with data interpretation and presentation required. Proficient with personal computers, including Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.