Supports project related activities that involve various business intelligence and analytics (BIA) projects undertaken by the BIA department in support of strategic objectives. Performs project related activities such as developing data collection methods, defining scope, tracking implementation and monitoring progress. Activities include, but are not limited to, designing analytical approaches, developing new measures, data collection and analysis, dashboard design and development, tracking project activities and tasks, and helping to ensure the overall success of the department. Spreads knowledge and advocates best practices for the BIplatform. Works under general direction.
- Develops a strong understanding of all VNSNY business objectives and business unit operations. Articulates business issues and designs project approaches that deliver actionable organizational data. Develops and applies practical, innovative ideas and approaches.
- Works with manager and leads activities in defining the scope of projects, developing project plans, and ensuring momentum of projects toward stated goals. Tracks and monitors project work plans, including objectives, tasks and time frames, to ensure deliverables are completed on time. Identifies and responds to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership.
- Analyzes requirements, review designs and develops business intelligence (BI) Solutions including interactive dashboards, reports, subscriptions, and mobile reporting solutions.
- Monitors utilization, supports user questions, and creates enhancements to existing reports and capabilities in alignment with business needs.
- Works with BIA Team and Information Systems on the expansion of the data warehouse, and selection of new tools that can support business objectives.
- Provides mentoring to BIA team members.
- Writes reports, memos and other communications as needed.
- Collaborates with ETL developers and participates in data model designs. Contributes to recommendations and the design of ongoing extensions and improvements to the data warehouse to improve its capacity for delivering effective business intelligence to the agency. Participates in interdisciplinary and interdepartmental work groups.
- Ensures effective BI tools administration including User Configuration, Security System Monitoring, and Object Manager migration across Development, Test, and Production environments.
- Ensures effective installation, configuration, and upgrade of the BI platform. Performs application support for the BI environment. Maintains ongoing functionality of the software and hardware environments.
- Identifies potential problems and issues and actively communicates and manages issues to resolution.
- Coordinates and performs data quality validation on new and existing reports and dashboards.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Research, Computer Science or related field required. Master’s Degree in same preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years of progressive experience in business intelligence, analytics, financial analysis, or related discipline required. Prior experience developing reports and dashboards in Microstrategy required. Thorough understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies: including Star Schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and Aggregation Techniques required. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point required. Project management skills and healthcare experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and motivate others and lead teams required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.