The Training Coordinator provides education to select levels of paraprofessional and business staff to ensure that expected operational benefits are realized through training on enhanced or new computer systems, applications or procedures. This employee assists users with downloads and assures training is carried out as specified. Works under general supervision.
- Conducts phone application installation, training, and hands-on-user support. Participates in the development of training schedules and ensures the availability of training resources
- Assists in the production of documentation materials to support systems training e.g. manuals, instructions hand-outs, and practice exercises
- Collaborates to ensure that program content is presented in a manner that promotes learning and enables users to meet competency requirements. Provides feedback to senior management on training content issues or with the applications
- Participates in project planning with management on implementation of new systems/applications and/or enhancements; verifies that application or enhancement is performing as specified in the design
- Ensures that all aspects of training plan, including all logistics, are carried out as specified. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying potential users, managing roster of users, and informing users prior to training the systems needed for use
- Provides interpretation and continuous education on new or revised procedures to business and paraprofessional staff members
- Facilitates effective department operations by maintaining a strong working relationship and fostering communication among all staff and management
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as needed
Education: Associate’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent work experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in training on software products, organizing workshops and educating of various audience levels required. Effective oral and written and interpersonal communication skill required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.