Oversees the financial planning for VNSNY that includes a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and sophisticated financial models to enable value-added analysis and recommendations, at both the consolidated and divisional levels. Directs the defining and reporting financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making. Serves as a key financial interface between Divisional FP&A leads, senior operational management, and the corporate management team. Ensures VNSNY financial plan is aligned with the corporate strategy and new business development initiatives. Works under general direction.
- Oversees the Corporate, Provider or CHOICE Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) for VNSNY; partners with the Divisional and Corporate teams to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Drives an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Oversees the development of VNSNY, Provider or CHOICE annual budget and monthly forecasts, which includes establishing budget tools, setting timelines and acting as project manager for VNSNY; ensures all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Oversees development of health care cost trends for annual budgets, financial forecasts and mid- to long-term strategic business plans.
- Prepares and monitors VNSNY’s long-range strategic financial planning models.
- Collaborates with leadership in the evaluation of the viability of potential new business initiatives.
- Functions as a business partner to Corporate management teams.
- Provides financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Assists in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings at the Corporate and Board levels.
- Develops and enhances competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data and technology trends.
- Performs all duties inherent in a senior managerial role. Approves staff training, hiring, promotions, terminations and salary actions. Prepares and ensures adherence to the department budget.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Oversees health care benefit actuarial services which includes coverage risk for inpatient and sub-acute facility costs, outpatient services, primary and specialty physician care, diagnostic procedures, pharmacy expenses and home care benefits. Responsible for the soundness of reported medical claims reserves.
- Works with finance leadership to ensure optimum utilization of actuarial resources and alignment of strategic short-term and long-term goals according to the Agency’s business plan.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field required. MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of ten years of progressively more senior level finance experience, preferably in a health care organization, required. Strong strategic and results orientation experience with a track record of meeting or exceeding business objectives required. Demonstrated technical competence with U.S. GAAP for related responsibilities required. Experience developing policies and procedures and supporting a robust control environment, and the ability to work with various levels of the organization in support of goals and objectives required. Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills required. Demonstrated track record of bringing value to businesses based on revenue growth, customer experience and data-based insight required. Demonstrated experience driving business results through empowering people and collaborating required. Proficient in personal computers, including Microsoft Office Suite required. Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.