Oversees the development and management of sales for VNSNY CHOICE health plans and products. Directs and implements strategies relating to the identification, development, and management of new and improved sales channels. Develops programs, systems, policies and procedures aligned with the strategic long and short-term sales/enrollment goals. Leads development of annual sales forecast and establishes productivity targets. Works with VNSNY programs and community referral leadership to ensure continued growth. Works under limited direction.
- Collaborates with VNSNY CHOICE senior leadership in the establishment of VNSNY CHOICE sales, network development, provider relations and operational strategies that align with financial goals of the health plans and products as well as the overall organization.
Develops and implements strategic business plans, goals and objectives, working with the sales management and compliance teams to ensure compliance with DOH and CMS regulations and specific sales/enrollment targets are met.
Participates in the development of the annual VNSNY CHOICE Sales budget.
Collaborates with VNSNY Marketing department to ensure VNSNY CHOICE visibility at events, seminars and conferences, designed to increase sales and/or provider knowledge.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing referrals from existing clients and new target markets using new and existing VNSNY resources.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with management of key referral partners, including IPAs/key providers, Non Professional Organizations, CBOs and FBOs, and internal channels.
- Directs development and implementation of Medicare sales and customer service strategies with existing and potentially new referrers.
Oversees the development and operations of third-party sales brokers.
Partners with HR in development of sales incentive plans.
- Works collaboratively with Operations to develop/revise new/existing programs and services to meet emerging customer needs.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Marketing Group and Community Outreach department to ensure marketing support is aligned with strategic goals of the Medicare Advantage program
- Represents VNSNY CHOICE with federal, state and local community groups and managed care organizations on marketplace issues, as required.
- Keeps current with changes in health and managed care, in general, and Medicare and Medicaid specifically.Keeps current with competitive strategies and tactics and well as members’ needs to ensure that VNSNY CHOICE is offering the most compelling products.
- Performs all duties inherent in a leadership role.Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, promotes and terminates staff and recommends salary actions as appropriate.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health Administration, Health Policy, Marketing/Sales or related discipline required. Master’s degree in Business, Health Administration, Health Policy or related discipline preferred.
Experience: Minimum ten years’ experience in health care, with a minimum eight years within a managed care environment, required. Minimum of four years in a sales managerial capacity required. Strong knowledge of State Medicaid and Federal Medicare regulations required. Demonstrated leadership, business planning and project planning skills required. Strong analytical/quantitative, oral/written communication, presentation and PC skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.