The Escort/Translator acts as a safety precaution for field staff, performs community outreach support tasks as assigned, and translates for field staff and patients in the languages they speak.
- Accompanies field staff.
- Makes and receives telephone calls as assigned.
- Delivers and collects program forms/outreach materials/ written referrals and other items, as assigned.
- Assists with supplies/equipment inventory and maintenance, as assigned.
- Logs documents delivered and collected.
- Relieves staff in other facilities, regions, programs or departments, as assigned.
- Acts as translator between field staff and patients, as needed.
- Performs clerical tasks, as assigned.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Licensure: Valid driver's license and access to vehicle may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs.
Education: High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
Experience: Fluency in other languages based on operational needs required. Basic reading, computation and filing skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.