Looking for a Psychiatric Social Worker serving any person who is experiencing, or is at risk of a psychological crisis, and who requires mental health intervention. Work is field based providing services to individuals ages 12 years and older
- Provides direct psychosocial services to mentally ill adults and/or children in the community who are experiencing psychosocial difficulties.
- Provides linkage, coordination with, referral to and follow up with appropriate ongoing service providers.
- Provides information and consultation to other community agencies and other disciplines, including other services of the Agency. Assists in the overall functioning of the Program.
- Responsible for screening telephone referrals and may be responsible for providing on-call assistance for the program.
- Performs psychosocial evaluation and assessment of mental health service needs of identified patients and their families through professional knowledge, skills of observation and interviewing.
- Develops and implements short-term service plans for patients, in conjunction with other members of the Program.
- Provides counseling, care management and appropriate referrals for long term and supplemental treatment.
- Prepares case histories and prepares and maintains case records, in accordance with the Program record keeping mechanism.
- Encourages resistant clients to accept mental health services through interventions with clients and/or family members and friends concerned with the client's welfare.
- Provides, referral and provision of information to appropriate long-term mental health services and social services and social services providers, or long-term residential facilities.
- Coordinates and follows up on linkages made between clients and other service agencies and mental health providers to ensure continuity of care. - Liaison with, and consultation to, community agencies.
- Provides outreach services as part of the Program to mentally ill individuals in the community who are experiencing, or are at risk of, psychosocial difficulties and require mental health intervention in their home.
- Participates with the Mobile Geriatric team and other appropriate Agency staff in the development and implementation of an in-service training component.
- Participates in community programs and education, as requested.
- Contributes to the formulation of clinical and administrative policies and procedures and the preparation of policy and procedure manuals, as required.
- May provide clinical supervision for Mental Health Technician, graduate Social Worker students or junior staff Social Workers.
- Monitors mental status of individuals accepted to the program.
- Valid drivers NY State license is required.
- Current registration to practice as a Licensed Master Social Worker in New York State required
- Masters degree in Social Work required
- Minimum of one year as a social service provider with clients in a mental health setting required
- Bilingual skills in Spanish, Mandarin, or Russian preferred
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.